Thursday, October 22, 2015

8 Weeks to a better me!



Well here we are! 8 weeks. Yesterday I ran for a total of 16 minutes. It was a 3 min, 5 min, 3 min 5 min with a bit of walking in the middle to total 31 minutes. It was amazing. I had no idea I could run for 5 minutes. 

I chose the treadmill on the other side of the coffee pot with a view of the front door. I enjoy people watching while I move. The coffee pot was like a carrot on a stick. People would come up and get their cup of coffee and the aroma of fresh brewed coffee would waft over me. It is also right next to the social hour table. It is very inspirational watching over weight senior citizens stuff their faces with donuts and drink coffee. It just made me run faster. 

I don't want to be fat, but more importantly I want to be healthy. I am still 1 pound heavier than when I started.  We have been eating home cooked meals more now than ever. Grocery store trips include a lot more label reading. 

This has been a life style change, not a fad crash diet. I love running and I love making wholesome good food for my kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment