Sunday, September 6, 2015

Lifeproof iphone 6 review

Last October my dear husband bought me an iPhone 6. We got the apple care for it so he said I really shouldn't worry about getting a case. He is the kind of person who can carry an iPhone around and have it naked without a single issue. He has never broken a device. Ever. Me well that's another store. I have the grace of a hippo then add in the logistics of 3 kids.  In January I dropped my iPhone getting out of the car and it landed face first on the asphalt. Off to the apple store where they were too busy to get an appointment so I invented the scotch tape over the face trick till we could get an appointment where they handed me a shiny new phone after I paid $80 for my 1st and hopefully last apple care replacement.

I decided I didn't want to break another phone so I ordered a lifeproof case off Amazon. I also ordered an iPad mini case to try to make sure we didn't break that as it did not have apple care. My phone case didn't stay waterproof for long. The 2 year old managed to break the plastic film over the flash with rendered it no longer waterproof. I really like that it was waterproof because we had tons of fun taking under water pictures.

The process of filing a claim is so incredibly easy. My case looked terrible. To get the charger cover to open the rubber was wearing away. The edges were beat up. The color wasn't bright and shiny how it was 3 months before. Most importantly the flash plastic film was damaged allowing in water. Lifeproof sent out another case.

About 3 months later it happened again. Broken flash cover and the seal in the charger cover went missing again. So here I am on my THIRD cell phone case in 9 months. At $85.19 a case I feel bad that they keep dying. My husband says not to worry since the company spends about $0.10 to build them.

In the end I LOVE my lifeproof phone case. I am not sure how long they will keep sending me new cases. At a life span of a new case every 3 months I don't think their generosity will last much longer. I feel like the value of having a case that is durable and does it's job is worth the cost.

Lifeproof cases are life proof they just are not toddler proof.

I have not had as good of luck with my iPad mini 

No comments:

Post a Comment