Thursday, August 31, 2017

Math U See manipulatives

If I see one more person asking about alternative "blocks" for Math U See. Or cutting up pieces of paper I might just cry. You can get a used set for about $40. You will spend more time explaining to your child why their blocks are different than the video. It is totally worth the cost.

SO help me people! Just buy the blocks. Yes they are $80. Yes that is a lot of money. You are using these manipulative EVERY YEAR! Just buy them. They resell for more than 50% of their value. I am now using mine for the 6th year! That is $13.33 per year in manipulatives that are being used across 3 kids. The process works. Trust it.

Also don't even get me started on breaking publisher rules on actually using the work books. They cost $40 a year. Are you seriously going to have your child write out an entire text book to save $40 so you can resell the book?? I LOVE my portfolio filled with completed Math U See work books. Yes I tried out a used copy to start with and it sucked (couldn't afford a new copy now I budget so I CAN buy new). It sucked so bad I vowed to never buy used consumable anything again.

I get saving money. My children't amazing testing scores in math tell me it is worth every penny they charge. My 6th grader just tested at a 10th grade level. I am beyond proud and I thank Dr. Demme every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment